On February 15th, 2018 the Annual Rural Legislative Forum was hosted for the first time by GreenSeam. The event yielded an astonishing overall rating of 8 out of 10!
Following key results:
- Most people thought that the entrepreneurs’ panel was very insightful and inspiring and their favorite speaker(s) were Todd Golly, Jay Johnson, James Current.
- The NAFTA speaker, Paul Connors was another favorite topic.
- Overall each panel had great rankings.
- Since majority enjoyed the entrepreneurs’ panel, we will be inviting more back next year.
We appreciate all the constructive feedback on topics such as the food and speakers, we are gladly working to make changes for next meeting. To conclude, we enjoy reading about the potential speakers for next year, the improvements and the favorite moments during the event. We are looking forward to another successful Rural Legislative Forum this December!
36th Annual Rural Legislative Forum
Scheduled for December 6, 2018.
View pictures from the 35th Annual Rural Legislative Forum
COMMENTS ON THE EVENT:
“I enjoyed the part where the audience got to ask questions to the legislators. Informing them on issues that rural agriculture faces is the most effective way of communication.”
“I enjoyed the mix of speakers and the time to network with other people!”
“The Speech by Paul Connors on NAFTA was fascinating!”
“I really enjoyed listening to the pains and passions that Golly, Johnson and Curren experienced.”
We would like to give a final thank you to all our sponsors for sponsoring the event:
- Associated Finishing Incorporated
- Bremer Bank
- Christensen Farms
- Compeer Financial
- Consolidated Communications
- Gislason & Hunter LLP
- Minnesota Corn Growers Association
- Minnesota Pork Producers Association
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- MinnStar Bank
- Peoples Company
- Profinium Bank
- Riverland Community College
- Southern Minnesota Center of Agriculture