GreenSeam is excited to bring together business, community, and educational leaders from across the region to learn about the challenges and opportunities when incorporating and accommodating international students and graduates into their organizations.
When: Thursday, October 6, 2022
Time: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Where: Pioneer Bank
Address: 1450 Adams St, Mankato, MN 56001
GreenSeam Retention & Expansion Committee
Jim Heilman (Chair) – Partner | CLA
Wes Beck (Board Liaison) – Owner | Beck Farms
Brent Meshke – Ag Loan Officer | MinnStar Bank
James Gordon – Vice President, Ag/Business Banker | Pioneer Bank
Annie Lerner, PhD – Nutrition & Research | Schwartz Farms
Tyler Petzel – Manager | Abdo
Ryan Vesey – Economic Development Specialist | Greater Mankato Growth
Jerry Kopel – Sr. Vice President, Ag/Business | Profinium, Inc.
Ryan Strobel, DVM – Veterinarian | Swine Vet Center
Spencer Koch – Producer | Brown & Brown
Megan Roberts, Ed. D. – Executive Director | Minnesota State Southern Agricultural Center of Excellence (SACE)
Agenda + Speakers
2:45 – 3:00 PM – Registration
3:00 – 3:05 – Welcome
3:05 – 3:45 – Legal Perspective | Navigating the legal process to obtain international talent from colleges and universities. Presented by Erin Schutte Wadzinski, Attorney/Owner of Kivu Immigration Law PLLC in Worthington, MN
Erin Schutte Wadzinski is an immigration attorney and owns Kivu Immigration Law in her hometown of Worthington, Minnesota. Erin earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Yale and her law degree from UConn School of Law. After working for six years in Yale’s Office of International Affairs, Erin returned home to Minnesota in 2018 to start her legal career in immigration law. Erin received the Initiators Fellowship to launch Kivu Immigration Law, a social enterprise law firm that provides full representation on immigration-related legal matters for immigrants, their families, and their employers. Kivu Immigration Law is located in downtown Worthington and also serves clients virtually across several states.
3:45 – 4:05 – International Student/Graduate Perspective
- Hear from a previous student, now graduate about their experience when looking for jobs during school and after graduation.
- What recommendations do they have for industry and international student advisors?
4:05 – 4:25 – College & University Perspective
- How do colleges and universities support international student/graduate career development?
- What are their barriers, challenges and opportunities when connecting and supporting international students and graduates?
4:25 – 4:40 – Industry Perspective
- Learn about how a business overcame the challenge and hired an international student graduate.
- What impact have they had on their organization?
- What advice do they have for other employers?
4:40 – 5:00 – Panel
5:00 – 6:00 – Happy Hour & Networking