A Region of Opportunities
GreenSeam is here to help shape the future of agricultural business and communities across Southern Minnesota and Northern Iowa. As part of this initiative, we have launched a podcast series focusing on career paths, internships, technologies, and more. Follow us on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) to get an inside look into these conversations or watch the videos on our website by following the link below.
There is more to food and agriculture than we think.
The food we eat, the milk, beer, and wine we drink, the fuel in our vehicles, the boxes at our door, and more, were all grown, processed, and manufactured because of agriculture.
There are more than 1,000 businesses in our region and ag employs 28% of our workforce.
Ag is all around us and GreenSeam is here to help fuel this growing industry.
Watch the ‘We are Ag’ video to learn more about opportunities in the GreenSeam!
THE INDUSTRY IS GROWING
On an annual basis, there will be more than 59,000 job opportunities for new college graduates: USDA 2020 – 2025
Careers in Food & Ag:
- Management & Business
- Science, Technology & Engineering
- Transportation & Logistics
- Food & Biomaterials Production
- Education, Communication & Government
- Additional Career Pathways
Ag Education in the GreenSeam
GreenSeam is here to promote partnerships between educational institutions and employers to ensure that the education of today aligns with the industry needs of tomorrow.
Students, professionals, educators, and businesses are optimistic about the future of food and agriculture in the GreenSeam.
Check out the listed educational institutions for more information about the ag-related programs and resources they offer.
Colleges & Universities
- Minnesota State Southern Agricultural Center of Excellence
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College
- Rochester Community and Technical College
- South Central College; North Mankato and Faribault campuses
- Southwest Minnesota State University, Marshall
- Riverland Community College; Albert Lea, Austin and Owatonna campuses
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Job & Internship Opportunities
Are you interested in a career within the food and agriculture industry? Explore GreenSeam’s business directory, a list of more than 1,000 businesses in the region.
- Search by city and/or the industry sector
- Find a company
- Visit their website
- Explore careers
- Request an introduction
- Get connected
Our business directory is a valuable tool for discovering and engaging with companies and organizations that operate within the GreenSeam region. Search for your topics of interest and make connections as you go. If you are looking for a company or contact not included on our site, connect with us and let us know!