MANKATO, Minn. (December 22, 2017) – At the Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. (GMG) December board meeting, GMG board members approved the slate of candidates as recommended by the nominating committee to fill fifteen of the twenty seats for the GreenSeam Board of Governors.
The approved slate represents a diverse group of industry sectors and spans a vast regional area, as noted below. The diversity within this group ensures multiple industry sectors are represented on the GreenSeam board.
The approved slate of candidates for the Inaugural GreenSeam Board of Governors was randomly appointed to their initial terms, with a full term of three-years. The approved Board of Governors is listed below:
- JO Bailey, VP and General Manager of Radio Mankato (Greater Mankato)
- Brian Buhr, Dean of the College of Food, Ag. and Natural Resources at the University of Minnesota (St. Paul-Lamberton-Waseca)
- Marsha Danielson, VP of Economic Development, South Central College (Mankato-Faribault)
- Marques Doppler, CEO of Profinium, Inc. (Southern Minnesota)
- Maureen Gustafson, Marketing Director of Gislason & Hunter LLP (Mankato-New Ulm)
- Jodie Hermer, VP Operations of Compeer Financial (GreenSeam Region)
- Terri Jensen, VP Real Estate/Appraisal Operations of Upper Midwest Management Corp. (Faribault, New Ulm, New Hope)
- Wayne Kahler, Chairman of the Board of Kahler Automation Corp. (Fairmont)
- Gary Koch, VP and General Counsel of Christensen Farms (Sleepy Eye)
- David Krause, CEO of Pioneer Bank (South Central Minnesota)
- Matt Lessard, CEO of Eubio Group (Albert Lea)
- Chad Surprenant, President/CEO of ISG (Mankato-Faribault-Algona, Iowa)
- Colleen VanBlarcom, Owner/Operator of BAMCO-McDonald’s (Mankato-Northfield-Faribault)
- Marilyn Wells, Provost and Senior VP for Academic Affairs at Minnesota State University, Mankato (Greater Mankato)
- Jim Marzolf, Partner, CliftonLarsonAllen (GreenSeam Region)
In addition, the GMG nominating committee appointed as Ex-Officio, Non-Voting members Tim Penny, President & CEO, Southern MN Initiative Foundation (Southern Minnesota); with the possibility of two additional Minnesota leaders. Officers will be elected at the first GreenSeam Board Meeting in 2018.
Without the foundation and vision created by the GreenSeam Steering Committee, the success and achievements that have been accomplished could not have been realized.
The GreenSeam is a grassroots initiative, created by countless businesses and professionals from southern Minnesota and northern Iowa and lead by Greater Mankato Growth Inc. This organization exists to build on existing ag business prominence maximizing a growing economic marketplace in order to be the premier ag business epicenter in the United States – the most diverse, balanced and sustainable. It is a place that is agriculturally relevant, responsive and diverse. Learn more at greenseam.org.
About Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
Greater Mankato Growth (GMG) is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. As the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, GMG advances business through existing business support, new business growth, business promotion, talent development, public affairs, community marketing, visitor attraction and servicing and civic engagement. Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. also includes three LLCs: Visit Mankato, which focuses on visitor attraction and servicing, the City Center Partnership, which focuses on development in the City Center, and GreenSeam.