The Mantorville Brewery was founded in May of 1857 as the Dodge County Brewery by John Herschi. One year later the brewery was purchased by Peter Ginsburg, who in 1864 built a larger facility in Mantorville, at the east end of Main Street on Brewery Creek. Like many of the pioneer breweries of the bluff country, it served the local immigrant farmers in the area. The brewery continued under successive owners until 1939 when it closed and its copper kettle was scrapped for the war effort. In 1996 the Mantorville Brewery was once again reborn through the efforts of six local home brewers. Introduced that year was Stagecoach Amber Ale, named for the famous Stagecoach Saloon, located in the Historic Hubbell House.
In 1999 Tod Fyten became a partner in the brewery and 2002 he purchased the brewery from his remaining partners. In 2007 the brewery expanded its draft production and celebrated the 10th anniversary of its inaugural brew, with the introduction of Stagecoach Amber Ale in 6 packs.
Search More Listings in:
3 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 100
Mankato, MN 56001