Public Affairs. Marketplace Positioning. Economic Prosperity.
GreenSeam will help ensure that existing firms grow, profit and stay in the region by addressing supply chain issues/opportunities; new markets, products and technologies; and local, state and federal legislative/regulatory challenges. With over 1,000 ag and ag-related businesses in the region, our best opportunities for growth are already here.
We bolster the growth of the food and ag industry by strategically attracting, building, and empowering new and existing businesses, their workforce, and communities they call home.
Agriculture is the largest industry segment within the GreenSeam with more than $15.3 billion in sales annually. Spanning an economic continuum from production, processing, manufacturing, professional services, research, technology, education, transportation and more; a majority of businesses in the region are either part of ag’s value stream or indirectly impacted. The region boasts an extensive list of ag business concentration and industry dominance amounting to more than 1,000 ag related businesses.
Our vision is to shape the future of agriculture, businesses, and communities in the region.
- 20% increase in ag industry output/GDP
- $1 billion in new agribusiness capital investment
- 6 new ag specific degree & certificate programs at the region’s K12, 2 and 4-year colleges
- Increase number of students enrolled in ag-related classes, certificates and degrees
- Formal endorsement of the GreenSeam brand by all the counties and communities in the region
- Positively impact ag employment by 10%
March – Greater Mankato Growth Board of Directors holds first round table discussion on furthering ag business across the region
April – Hired first staff member dedicated to the initiative
June – Action teams were formed to concentrate on strategic areas of work
August – Branding work began
June – New brand launched
December – Announced that GreenSeam will take over the 35th annual Rural Legislative Forum in 2017
GreenSeam Inaugural Board of Governors Elected
GreenSeam officially becomes GreenSeam, LLC
First Official GreenSeam Steering Committee Members:
- Jim Beal, JBeal Real Estate Group/ City of Eagle Lake
- Travis Brovold, RSM US LLP
- Mitch Davis, Davis Family Holdings/ Davis Family Dairies
- Brad & Meg Freking, New Fashion Pork, LLP
- Jodie Hermer, Compeer Financial
- Steve Kibble, (KEI) Kibble Equipment
- Gary Koch, Gislason & Hunter LLP
- Brian Martensen, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Jim Marzolf (Chair), CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Sheryl Meshke, AMPI
- Brad Schloesser, South Central College, Southern Minnesota Center for Agriculture
- Tom Seigfreid, Rembrandt Enterprises, Inc.
- Chad Surprenant, ISG
- Patrick Yockey, BluEarth Agribusiness Strategies
Greater Mankato Growth, Inc., along with hundreds of businesses and professionals rooted in agriculture from across the region, have been working since 2013 to strategically build on and connect the region’s extensive agricultural business assets to develop and position this region to be known nationally and internationally as the place for talent, business, innovation and education in relation to agriculture.
“GreenSeam is not affiliated with the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District’s GreenSeam® program.”